Richard J. Doyle Esq.
Richard Doyle is the managing attorney of Doyle Law Team, p.c. He concentrates in the practice of personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, social security disability, and wrongful deaths. He has achieved substantial verdicts or settlements in those and a variety of other cases, including Traumatic Brain Injury to a passenger in a small plane; death of the truck driver in a semi-tractor/car collision; death by stabbing due to a social worker’s refusal to act in time; a variety of complicated medical malpractice cases; and other cases involving challenging legal and factual issues. Over the years, he has personally tried over 100 cases.
Born in 1940, Mr. Doyle received his B.A. Degree from Chicago State University in 1966 and his Juris Doctor Degree from the Chicago-Kent College of Law at the Illinois Institute of Technology in 1969. He was admitted to the bar the same year in the State of Illinois and Federal U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois. Subsequently, he was admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit in 1989, and then the Indiana Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 1993. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois and the U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana. He has argued cases before the State and Federal Appellate Courts as well as the Illinois Supreme Court.
Mr. Doyle was elected as States Attorney in Vermilion County, Illinois and served from 1972 through 1976. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, and the Traumatic Brain Injury Institute. Since its inception he was licensed with the special category of those attorneys qualified to handle Death Penalty cases, which further demonstrates his prior trial experience and abilities in this highly restricted area for practice.
He is a life member of the National Registry of Who’s Who. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited to trial lawyers “who have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience, and excellence in advocacy by achieving a trial verdict or award settlement in the amount of one million dollars or more”. He has achieved the million dollar or more level on multiple occasions (See Case Results examples). He is also a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives. He has completed the Boston University School of Medicine requirements for AMA-PRA credits at several annual continuing medical education presentations on obstetrics, gynecology, prenatal and perinatal medicine, neonatology and the law.
Being active in his community, Mr. Doyle was elected over a 15 year period to the Board of Trustees of the Danville Area Community College and was President of the State of Illinois Community College Trustees Association. Thereafter, he served the full nine years allowed on the DACC Foundation Board. He has been President of the Danville American Business Club and a Big Brother. He chairs the Dorothy Duley Scholarship Foundation and has funded his own charitable foundation for giving in the area. He was a founding board member of the Hoopeston Community Hospital and served for 20 years. He was also a past President of the Danville Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors.
Dick and his wife, Pat, have been married since 1964 and moved to Hoopeston in 1969 where they raised their daughter, Kimberly, and sons, Sean and Ryan. In addition to raising their own children, they also raised three cousins left homeless by their parents’ untimely death. Dick and Pat continue to reside in Hoopeston, and much enjoy the frequent visits of their children and their six grandchildren.
- Personal Injury Law
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Product Liability Law
- Social Security Disability
- Wrongful Deaths
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1969
- Indiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1989
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1969, J.D.
- Chicago State University, 1966, B.A.
- Vermilion County, Illinois, 1972 – 1976States Attorney (Elected)
- Illinois State Bar Association Member
- Indiana State Bar Association Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Member
- American Association for Justice Member
- Traumatic Brain Injury Institute Member
- National Registry of Who’s Who Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives Member
- Danville Area Community College Board of Trustees (elected)
- State of Illinois Community College Trustees Association Past President
- DACC Foundation Board
- Danville American Business Club Past President
- Dorothy Duley Scholarship Foundation Chair
- Danville Symphony Orchestra Past President, Board of Directors